[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Inside Mac V

sho@tybalt.caltech.edu (Sho Kuwamoto) (01/19/88)

So sorry, I'm really out of it, but...
Do y'all have the APDA release of IM V, or has it been released?  In
addition, what was the name of the new series of books that Apple and
AW are putting out?  Is the first one in that series out yet?  Thanks.

						-Sho

 (sho@tybalt.caltech.edu, sho@caltech.bitnet, ...!cit-vax!tybalt!sho)

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (01/20/88)

>Do y'all have the APDA release of IM V, or has it been released?  In
>addition, what was the name of the new series of books that Apple and
>AW are putting out?  Is the first one in that series out yet?  Thanks.

The Addison-Wesley edition (final, hardbound) version of IM V was on sale at
MacExpo, so I would assume that the APDA draft has been retired.

chuq
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach		chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

                       What do you mean 'You don't really want to hurt her?'
                                    I'm a Super-Villain! That's my Schtick!

carlton@ji.Berkeley.EDU (Mike Carlton) (01/20/88)

In article <5227@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> sho@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (Sho Kuwamoto) writes:
>So sorry, I'm really out of it, but...
>Do y'all have the APDA release of IM V, or has it been released?  In

IM V is available.  Addison-Wesley was selling it at the expo for $26.95.
They said it had just become available 3 days before.  I guess you can look
for it in your favorite bookstore sometime soon.

mike (carlton@ji.berkeley.edu  or  ...!ucbvax!ji!carlton)

(Signature?  I don't need no stinkin' .signature)

korn@apple.UUCP (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) (01/20/88)

In article <5227@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> sho@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (Sho Kuwamoto) writes:
>Do y'all have the APDA release of IM V, or has it been released?

After seeing several postings about the MacWorld Expo, I'm very surprised
that nobody mentioned *the* most significant new product of the show:
the Addison-Wesley edition of Inside Macinotsh Volume V (though it's
possible that I'm biased...)

It's been out for something under a week; your local bookstores should be
seeing it sometime in the next few days/weeks.

Peter
--
 Peter "Arrgh" Korn    korn@apple.com   !hplabs!amdahl!apple!korn    "Hi mom!"

goldfain@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (01/20/88)

I just saw the notes that said Inside  Macintosh V is  out.  I am  a brand new
Mac II owner.  I have never had a Mac before.  Which of the Inside Macs should
I get if I am only interested in the Mac II ?  That is,  are the previous four
volumes (about $100) necessary?

Reply by email is  preferable, since I suppose  everyone else in this notefile
probably already knows the answer to this question.

  Thanks much,   Mark Goldfain      arpa:     goldfain@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
                                    US Mail:  Mark Goldfain
                 (A lowly student at)-->      Department of Computer Science
                                              University of Illinois at U-C
                                              1304 West Springfield Avenue
                                              Urbana, Illinois  61801

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (01/21/88)

In article <5227@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> sho@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (Sho Kuwamoto) writes:
>So sorry, I'm really out of it, but...
>Do y'all have the APDA release of IM V, or has it been released?

It is being published by AW now (starting at MacExpo).  They also have a
six volume that is a complete index+appenidixes.  $26.95 for Vol 5, $9.95
for the index.

>						-Sho

Jerry Whitnell				Lizzi Borden took an axe
Communication Solutions, Inc.		And plunged it deep into the VAX;
					Don't you envy people who
					Do all the things You want to do?

yorick@kbsc.UUCP (Yorick Phoenix) (01/29/88)

In article <7222@apple.UUCP> korn@apple.UUCP (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) writes:

>It's been out for something under a week; your local bookstores should be
>seeing it sometime in the next few days/weeks.

Your right about the weeks Peter, I phoned Addison-Wesley UK a couple of days
ago and they said in the region of 5-6 weeks to get to the UK so it looks like
for people not in the USA it should have been:
	"... in the next few weeks/months"

Honestly thou', somebody I know was at SF and brought a copy back (had I
known....) and it does look nice and contained just the info I was after
(about the new TextEdit).

	Yorick
--
        +--------------------------+ The Knowledge-Based Systems Center