From: Jakob Nielsen  Tech Univ of Denmark <DATJN@NEUVM1.Bitnet>
Subject:      Missing CloseField message when user clicks directly on a button
Date:         Sun, 14 Feb 88 00:02:50 DNT

I am *very* upset that HyperCard does not send a CloseField message
when the user leaves a field by clicking directly on a button (i.e.
without clicking somewhere outside the field first).
Now I have again had problems because the handler which validates input
does not get run before the action is executed. Of course I can do some
checking in the button script, but this goes against any principle of
modular program design. I have 10 fields and 4 buttons so the code can
quickly get messy. Also, since HyperCard is so slow in interpreting
scripts, it takes a lot of time to validate input for 10 fields - this is
better spread out in small lumps.

I.e. I want future versions of HyperCard to make sure that a field
*always* gets sent a closeField message when the user has changed the
contents of that field. This message should be sent before any mouseUp or
closeCard messages

End of HYPER-HACKERS Digest