[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Does HC work with non-Apple printers?

tgl@ZOG.CS.CMU.EDU (Tom Lane) (02/28/88)

I was just about to go out and buy HyperCard, when ees@antique.UUCP
(Gene Sampieri) writes:
> [SoftStyle's LaserStart printer driver for HP LaserJet printers]
> works with Laserjet + and Series II HP Laserjet printers.  The only
> application that I have found it won't work with is HyperCard.  Seems thet
> HyperCard uses internal references to the Laserwriter and Imagewriter
> printers, ignoring the DA installed one.

Gaaack.  If true, this'll make HC just about useless for me (I use the
same printer and driver).  Can Atkinson really have been so stupid
as to bypass the system's printer driver, or are we looking at a bug
in LaserStart?  Anybody else out there know anything about this
subject?

--
				tom lane
ARPA: tgl@zog.cs.cmu.edu