[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Genealogy stack

ns@CAT.CMU.EDU (Nicholas Spies) (03/01/88)

Submitted (unless mismailed) to INFO-MAC@stanford.edu, in 4 parts.

Features:
	- Information for each person is one one card, including:
		-Father, mother, self, siblings, up to 4 spouses and issue
		-Fields for notes, sources, private (unchanging) info
	- Most names need be typed only once; use buttons to create cards
	- Click on any person to get to their card
	- Make lists of:
		- All appearances of a name in the stack
		- All exact matches of a name
		- Ancestors to a specified generation
		- Offspring to a specified generation
		- First cousins of any person
		- Any direct line of ancestory specified by Mother/Father key
	- Click on any person in created list to go to their card...

This stack is offered as $10 shareware; the stack is not locked and has
extensive help notes.
--
Nicholas Spies			ns@cat.cmu.edu.arpa
Center for Design of Educational Computing

kraut@ut-emx.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (03/02/88)

In article <1003@PT.CS.CMU.EDU>, ns@CAT.CMU.EDU (Nicholas Spies) writes:
> Submitted (unless mismailed) to INFO-MAC@stanford.edu, in 4 parts.

> Features:
> 	- Information for each person is one one card, including:
> 		-Father, mother, self, siblings, up to 4 spouses and issue

obviously of limited usefulness for Muslims, Mormons, ....

	.... and relatives of Elizabeth Taylor ...

probably to other groups which I could not think of, too.

hatemail to /dev/null, please ...  ((-:
--
(prefered mailbox:)		werner%rascal@sally.utexas.edu
				....!ut-sally!rascal.ics.utexas.edu!werner