[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] From: Sunil Maulik <MAULIK@BIONET-20.ARPA>

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (03/31/88)

From: Sunil Maulik <MAULIK@BIONET-20.ARPA>
Subject: Moving Text Fields

Help ! I must be missing something obvious, but:

1. If I have a large field with several smaller (hidden) fields on top
of it,(on a single card), and I  cut the large field, pasting it  back
puts it ON TOP of the smaller fields.  How do I move it back to  BELOW
the smaller fields - bring closer/send farther doesn't help, it simply
changes the fields tabbing order, not their position.

2. On a  related note, how  do I cut  a field and  paste it  elsewhere
WITHOUT losing the text entered into the field. Clicking on "LockText"
before cutting doesn't help.

If this has come up before, answers to me only - I will summarize for
the net if there's enough interest.(I suspect I'm probably
not the first to discover this problem...)

Sincerely,

Sunil Maulik			ARPAnet:Maulik@bionet-20.arpa
BIONET				BITnet:Maulik%bionet-20.arpa@cunyvm.cuny.bitnet
(415)-962-7342