[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Subject: Printing partial stack

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (04/04/88)

Subject:  Printing partial stack
From: PORTERG@VCUVAX.Bitnet
Date:     Mon, 4 Apr 88 09:34 EST

Maybe I've missed it from a previous issue, but has anyone found how to
print "n" consecutive cards in a stack.  I would like to be able to say,
print card 4 and 5 flush, and not touch the rest of the stack I am using.
Help appreciated.

Greg Porter
PORTERG@VCURUBY - (formerly VCUVAX)

edmoy@violet.berkeley.edu (04/06/88)

>Subject:  Printing partial stack
>From: PORTERG@VCUVAX.Bitnet
>Date:     Mon, 4 Apr 88 09:34 EST
>
>Maybe I've missed it from a previous issue, but has anyone found how to
>print "n" consecutive cards in a stack.  I would like to be able to say,
>print card 4 and 5 flush, and not touch the rest of the stack I am using.

Try the following:

on printSomeCards first,last
  open printing
  push card
  set lockScreen to true
  go card first
  print (last - first + 1) cards
  pop card
  close printing
end printSomeCards

In your example, use "printSomeCards 4,5"

Edward Moy
Workstation Software Support Group
University of California
Berkeley, CA  94720

edmoy@violet.Berkeley.EDU
ucbvax!violet!edmoy

frankf@Apple.Com (Frank Flynn) (04/12/88)

it is very easy, your script might look like this:
On MouseUp]
  Open printing with dialog --with dialog gives you options, you dont need it
  repeat for number of cards
    if [this is a card you want to print] then print card
    go next
  end repeat
  close printing
end MouseUp