[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How to SEND cmd,shift,option keydowns to OS from Hypercard...

djnowak@iseesun.UUCP (RSG Mac Tech Exch) (05/20/88)

A friend of mine is writing a Hypercard stack.  He needs to be able to send
command, shift and option-key events to the operation system to activate
Quickey macroes that he is using to automate certain operations in Hypercard
(actually he is cutting text from a Microsoft Word document and pasting it
into Hypercard and is not running under Multifinder).  Does anyone out there
know of a way to send an option-cmd-shift-anykey to the mac OS from Hypercard?

Thanks in advance.

David Nowak
djnowak@iseesun.DPL.SCG.HAC.COM

kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman) (05/21/88)

In article <101@iseesun.UUCP> djnowak@iseesun.UUCP (RSG Mac Tech Exch) writes:
>Does anyone out there
>know of a way to send an option-cmd-shift-anykey to the mac OS from Hypercard?

I remember seeing an XCMD to do exactly this. I believe it is called
PostEvent. Look around on local BBS and try checking the SUMEX archive.