[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HELP ME!!! - JJ is a PHONEY.

Ilan@cup.portal.com (06/01/88)

1144.3.284.3        Re: JJ's phone number
5/29/88 02:31       thad@cup.portal.com         writes:

>Whoa!  PORTAL mgt did a service by posting his (JJ's) real name and etc.

>The moment I saw that name (Rob Noha) I was instantly reminded of similar
>scams, chain letters, and other such garbage that clown posted to several
>BBS systems I operate in Silicon Valley.

>That guy (Rob Noha) is obviously (my opinion) a con artist to the nth degree.

>Noha has been doing similar things for at LEAST 2 years, so his recent
>Usenet posting is NOT a first-time "offense".

>For those who don't know, PORTAL is one of the few public-access systems to
>Usenet (the only other one that comes to mind is The WELL).  PORTAL has some
>11-20 local telephone lines (lucky for me! :-) and some 50+ incoming Telenet
>and PC Pursuit lines (thus permitting access by clients across the USA).  In
>addition to providing Usenet (and other) access, PORTAL operates private and
>public BBS and message areas for numerous corporate and special interest
>group clients.

>At a flat $10/month, any baud, any time of day, any session duration, PORTAL
>is a unique service unmatched by anything else (available to the "public").

>I'm with a multi-million $$$ a year company, and we CANNOT afford our own
>Usenet "node", and I and thousands of others NEED the communication facilities
>provided to us at a fair price by PORTAL.

>PORTAL's credo is "everyone is responsible for their own actions and deeds."

>Noha (aka J-J) is obviously a miscreant, one person out of the thousands who
>are PORTAL subscribers.  From posted statements, HE (Noha) has been punished.

>If you are favoring the doctrine of "prior restraint", I suggest you crawl
>back to the fantasy world of Orwell's `1984' with their Thought Police,
>thoughtcrimes, etc.

>Your (and others') beef is with Rob Noha.  Thanks to PORTAL Management's
>posting, you can contact Noha directly and reduce net bandwidth.

>As a satisfied customer of PORTAL, I believe you owe PORTAL Communications
>an apology.

>Would you have ceased using the system from which you posted your flame had
>Noha posted from there?  ("If thy hand offends thee, ... "  :-)

>Thad Floryan  (thad@cup.portal.com  [or]  ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad)

I hope all you net readers read the above, there are MANY more testimonials
regarding this guy from reliable sources  !!!   LET THE BUYER BEWARE !!!!

                     - Ilan Rabinowitz -
                     Ilan@cup.portal.com