[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] looking for hypercard on ibm pc

estevax_b.UUCP (Hr Fuchs Norbert ) (05/18/88)

hi, i'm looking for hypercard on ibm pc (ms dos).
is hypercard availible for ibm pc?

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (05/23/88)

in:comp.sys.mac.hypercard / ultra361@estevax_b.HP.COM writes:

>hi, i'm looking for hypercard on ibm pc (ms dos).
>is hypercard availible for ibm pc?
Guess again...it is from Apple and is designed to run on the Macintosh ONLY!
Strategically it would not make sense for Apple to put it on DOS...you will
have to wait for someone to come out with some kind of a clone...unless you
want just plain hypertext buy Guide from OWL international.

David

dave@hpdstma.HP.COM (Dave Waller) (05/24/88)

Sorry, But you'll have to buy a Mac if you wany to run HyperCard. The
application is intimately intertwined with the Mac OS, and I haven't
heard of anyone trying to port the application to the PC world.

Dave Waller
Technical Computer Group
Hewlett-Packard Co.
Pacific Technology Park
Sunnyvale, CA
(408) 746-5324
[ucbvax!]hplabs!hpdstma!dave

solution@ditsyda.oz ( George Bray) (06/04/88)

In article <397@estevax\!estevax_b.UUCP>, ultra361@estevax\!estevax_b.UUCP (Hr Fuchs Norbert ) writes:

> hi, i'm looking for hypercard on ibm pc (ms dos).
> is hypercard availible for ibm pc?

Didn't Mitch Kapor (Lotus Development Corp) leave to create a piece
of 'new generation' software shortly after HyperCard hit town?

I wonder if he's gonna use Hertzfelds file formats...tee hee!

/////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Geo[rge] Bray  Logical Solutions Australia  55 Mountain Street, Ultimo 2007

VOICE:      +61-2-212-6655           \/         ACSNet: solution@ditsyda.oz
  FAX:      +61-2-281-1259           /\          ALINK:            AUST0105
                                                   CIS:          72067,2764
"No matter which window is viewed,     Keylink/Dialcom:           07:LFM001
 the scenery looks the same."                   MacNet:            Not Yet!

ecs165s052@deneb.ucdavis.edu (Greg DeMichillie) (06/09/88)

... while we're on the subject of HyperCard on an MS-DOS machine...

   The latest rumor I heard was the Apple was negotiating with the people
who make HyperDA (mini-HyperCard in a DA, sort of) to prevent them from
bringing their product to the PC.  Not only won't Apple market HC for DOS,
they don't want anybody else doing it either :-) :-)
	Not to suprising given the role HyperCard is playing in Apple's
future plans...

-----
Greg DeMichillie      lgdemichillie@deneb.ucdavis.edu
                      ecs165s052@deneb.ucdavis.edu
                      {ucbvax, lll-crg, sdcsvax}!ucdavis!lgdemichillie
                      AppleLink:  ST0178