[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Field text in the background of a card.

brad@polaris.ucsc.edu (07/19/88)

I would like to add text to a scrolling field as part of the background.
I saw in the documentation how this is explicitely not allowed.  Is there
a way around this, or is there talk of removing this limitation, or is it
something I should make my peace with?

Thanks in advance,

Brad Smith
System Administrator
Baskin Center, UC Santa Cruz
brad@saturn.ucsc.edu
...!ucbvax!ucscc!saturn!brad

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (07/22/88)

In article <4198@saturn.ucsc.edu> brad@polaris.ucsc.edu () writes:
>I would like to add text to a scrolling field as part of the background.
>I saw in the documentation how this is explicitely not allowed.  Is there
>a way around this, or is there talk of removing this limitation, or is it
>something I should make my peace with?

"Shared text" as we like to call it is still only on the list of things
we too would like to see.  One neat workaround for a single line of text
is to use a background transparent button, whose font and size and style
can be set by a HyperTalk script.  When printed out, this text is
printed at best quality on a LaserWriter, whereas using Paint Text in
the background only receives a 72 dpi treatment.

Dan Allen
Software Explorer
Apple Computer