[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Some printing questions

tgl@zog.cs.cmu.edu (Tom Lane) (07/24/88)

A couple of things I'd like to do, but haven't been able to figure out how:

1. Selectively print cards in Print Report format; specifically, in
mailing-label format.  I see how to do this in Print Stack format, but
Open Printing doesn't seem to have an option to use Report format...

2. Save several different Print Report formats for a stack, and call one
up from a script.  An explicit command to save the contents of the P.R. dialog
box would be nice; I'd even settle for a way of clicking in the P.R. dialog
box from a script.  (An AMEN to the guy who complained about not being able to
answer dialog box questions within a script!)

If you've figured out how to do either of these, please let me know.

--
				tom lane
Internet: tgl@zog.cs.cmu.edu

baum@Apple.COM (Allen J. Baum) (07/26/88)

[]
>In article <2374@pt.cs.cmu.edu> tgl@zog.cs.cmu.edu (Tom Lane) writes:
>A couple of things I'd like to do, but haven't been able to figure out how:
>
>1. Selectively print cards in Print Report format; specifically, in
>mailing-label format.  I see how to do this in Print Stack format, but
>Open Printing doesn't seem to have an option to use Report format...

I did this the brute force way. Mark each card you want to print somehow
(text in a hidden field, whatever), copy the stack, go to the new stack,
delete all the cards that you don't want to print, then print the stack
in mailing list format, and delete it.

--
{decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!apple!baum		(408)973-3385