[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Importing text : was -> Re: Various: CD-ROM, Color, File Formats, Sound

reeck@lclark.UUCP (08/11/88)

In article <15245@apple.Apple.COM> dan@apple.apple.com.UUCP (Dan Allen) writes:
>In article <1270@hodge.UUCP> bmenell@pnet06.cts.com (Bryan Menell) writes:
>>>filter a Word file as I read it into a card field.
>>
>Port Authority only imports text files.  It does not do any stripping of
>formats found in Word files.  The solution is to save Word documents as
>Text Only, and then there are many scripts that use the built-in
>HyperTalk primitives to import text.
>
>Dan Allen
>Apple Computer

	I am working on a program that allows a use to type in questions in
a pre-selected (my selection ;-) ) format from word (saved as text files).
	can gladly send you just the reader, or the reader + the scanner
(ha) I use to seperate the textfile into different questions. It uses repeat
read until X and a "offset" XFNT (sp?) ...