[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Where to get Hypercard 1.2

edc@aeras.UUCP (news guest account) (08/21/88)

I bought my MacSE shortly before Christmas.  At that time,
I got a copy of Hypercard v1.01...

Question:

Like a dummy, I never sent the registration card in. Can I expect to
be treated nicely when looking for V1.2? How many dollars can I
expect to shell out?

thanx,

-edc-

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (08/23/88)

In article <257@aeras.UUCP> edc@aeras.UUCP (news guest account) writes:
>I bought my MacSE shortly before Christmas.  At that time,
>I got a copy of Hypercard v1.01...
>
>Question:
>
>Like a dummy, I never sent the registration card in. Can I expect to
>be treated nicely when looking for V1.2? How many dollars can I
>expect to shell out?

In theory you should be able to take one of your original HyperCard
disks to any Apple dealer, along with a blank disk, and they will
upgrade you to HC 1.2.1 for FREE!  However, a few people have had to
twist the dealers arms to get them to do this, which is very
unfortunate.  We are trying to alieviate this situation.

Dan Allen
Apple Computer

futor@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Tim/Mike) (08/23/88)

> edc@aeras.UUCP (news guest account) writes:
>I bought my MacSE shortly before Christmas.  At that time,
>I got a copy of Hypercard v1.01...

Bring that diskette with the Apple on it to a BMUG meeting ( Thursdays
around 18:30 in the Physical Sciences Lecture Hall on the UCB campus )
along with 3 pictures of George Washington -- Arthur or Harry will be
tickled to help you out.

 -- Randy                 futor@lll-lcc.llnl.gov     ...!well!futor