[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Opening applications inside hypercard

mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) (09/22/88)

Hello to everyone.  I just started reading this newsgroup, so please
forgive me if this question has already been answered.  What I want to
do is this:

I need to open an application using a button on a card in hypercard.
Now, the problem is that I need to have it open to a particular
document.  To be specific, I want to push a button on a hypercard screen
and have the mac find and load TrueBasic and a TrueBasic document
(program) and run it.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  Please reply in e-mail.  Thanks
in advance.

Michael McDaniel '91
mdm@dartmouth.edu

| Michael McDaniel '91                              KC0JN/W1ET           |
| Usenet (UUCP):       ...!{harvard,linus,inhp4}!dartvax!u2!mdm          |
| Internet/BITNET:          mdm@u2.dartmouth.edu                         |
| Spock:  I was attempting the hell to communicate.                      |

mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) (09/23/88)

In article <10143@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> I wrote:
>Hello to everyone.  I just started reading this newsgroup, so please
>forgive me if this question has already been answered.  What I want to
>do is this:
>
>I need to open an application using a button on a card in hypercard.
>Now, the problem is that I need to have it open to a particular
>document.  To be specific, I want to push a button on a hypercard screen
>and have the mac find and load TrueBasic and a TrueBasic document
>(program) and run it.

Yes, I know to "Open document with TrueBasic", but TrueBasic just loads
the document then.  I need it to RUN.  Any ideas?