[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Graphics with Hypercard

das@fas.ri.cmu.edu (David Simon) (10/21/88)

Has anyone heard of a program which is capable of displaying color,
bit-mapped images on a MAC-II screen from within Hypercard? Any
pointers would be appreciated.

anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) (10/24/88)

In article <3364@pt.cs.cmu.edu> das@fas.ri.cmu.edu (David Simon) writes:
>Has anyone heard of a program which is capable of displaying color,
>bit-mapped images on a MAC-II screen from within Hypercard? Any
>pointers would be appreciated.

Yes.

I posted an announcement in this space, a few weeks ago. Perhaps some folks
have missed it, so I'll repeat (briefly) the essence of it.

HyperWindows (tm) is a set of XCMDs which adds color windows to your stack.
Those windows have all the properties of real Mac windows (redraw as needed,
can drag or resize if you want). The contents of the windows are determined
by a PICT resource or file, so bit-mapped images are natural.

HyperWindows version 1.0 begins shipping next week. It will appear in the
October APDA catalog (expect it in November), or you can order it direct from

Tulip Software
PO Box 3046
Andover, MA 01810

Single-user license costs $59. Site and Commercial licenses are available
for an extra fee (very reasonable). Source code is also available for a
somewhat higher fee.

DISCLAIMER: This posting does not constitute an endorsement of the product
by my employer. I have a financial interest in the product.

I will be happy to answer any specific questions about HyperWindows, via
E-mail. Like everyone else, I want to keep commercial traffic off the public
net. On the other hand, if there is sufficient general interest...
   Ed Anson,    Calcomp Display Products Division,    Hudson NH 03051
   (603) 885-8712,      anson@elrond.CalComp.COM

thom@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Thom Gillespie) (10/25/88)

Can you use any xcmd's within hypercard that would use an unused portion of a
large screen to display additional graphic information which doesn't fit onto a
hypercard card - importing bigger picts and then wandering back to hypercard to
manage the system so it seemed like you were using thew entire screen with
hypercard. I'd like to be able to send graphics from a cd rom to this window
space rather than use an additional monitor. Any ideas? Thanks

Thom Gillespie