[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] academic references to Hypercard?

dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman) (12/04/88)

I'm mentioning some Hypercard stackware I've done as part
of a paper I'm preparing for the Second International Conference
on Artificial Intelligence and Law.  I would like to reference
Hypercard without explaining what it is, since it's quite well
known by now.  What's the most appropriate reference or two
for an academic paper?  Is there something more formal than
the articles that have appeared in BYTE?

Incidentally, if anyone knows of serious work underway which
involves representing the law in stackware, and/or providing
tools for lawyers to use, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

David Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Toronto
--
Moderator, mail.yiddish
{ uunet!attcan  att  pyramid!utai  utzoo } !lsuc!dave

pa1505@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) (12/06/88)

In article <1988Dec4.084816.15883@lsuc.uucp> dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman) writes:
>Incidentally, if anyone knows of serious work underway which
>involves representing the law in stackware, and/or providing
>tools for lawyers to use, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Check out Steve Elias's article called "The Look and Feel of
Hyperspace" in the September 1988 issue of MacUser.  It has a
good discussion of the various copyright aspects of Hypercard.

Barry Brown
pa1505@sdcc15.ucsd.edu