[net.micro] z80 routines

jrh@bunker.UUCP (Jeff Hagen) (03/29/85)

RE: z80 routines

In an effort to avoid re-inventing the wheel,
I am looking for pointers to existing z80 assembly
math routines. I know of a book titled "6502 assembly language
subroutines".  Does such a beast exist for the z80 ?

Specifically, I need to do +-*/ on ascii strings.
Space and speed are critical.

Thanks,

Jeff Hagen
decvax!bunker!jrh

RCONN@SIMTEL20.ARPA (Rick Conn) (04/02/85)

The library SYSLIB3, which is distributed in source code form with
ZCPR3, contains several numeric string conversion routines (ASCII text
to hex, octal, decimal, and binary and binary to ASCII text in hex,
octal, decimal, and binary and math library).  It is in 8080 code, so it
runs on both 8080s and Z80s.  Documentation is in HLP files.

	Rick
-------

doran@nmtvax.UUCP (04/13/85)

In article <> jrh@bunker.UUCP (Jeff Hagen) writes:

>In an effort to avoid re-inventing the wheel,
>I am looking for pointers to existing z80 assembly
>math routines. I know of a book titled "6502 assembly language
>subroutines".  Does such a beast exist for the z80 ?
>
>Specifically, I need to do +-*/ on ascii strings.
>Space and speed are critical.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff Hagen
>decvax!bunker!jrh

There is a book entitled, you guessed it, "Z80 Assembly Language Subroutines",
by Lance A. Leventhal, and Winthrop Saville.  It is published by
Osborne/McGraw-Hill, copyright 1983.

Topics covered:
    Arrays, Arithmetic, Bit manipulation, String manipulation, I/O, Interrupts.

Jon Doran
ucbvax!unmvax!nmtvax!doran