[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] CD-Rom csParam error?

wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) (01/17/89)

for the APlay command, csParam +8 is listed as being a word while
csParam +0,1 are also listed as a single word... this is understandable
if one has the APDA Apple CD Developer's stuff...

Anyway, there seems to be a small problem with the size of the play mode
field (csParam +8)... should that be csParam +8,9 (other words: 8 = 00 and
9 = playMode bits)?

I am using PBControl and PBStatus calls for everything....

thanks,
b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (01/17/89)

In article <MXoaEgy00WB9AGioxO@andrew.cmu.edu> wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) writes:
>for the APlay command, csParam +8 is listed as being a word while
>csParam +0,1 are also listed as a single word... this is understandable
>if one has the APDA Apple CD Developer's stuff...
>
>Anyway, there seems to be a small problem with the size of the play mode
>field (csParam +8)... should that be csParam +8,9 (other words: 8 = 00 and
>9 = playMode bits)?

You are correct in assuming that csParam+8,9 is the proper use.  Set
csParam[8] to 0 and csParam[9] to the playMode bits you want.  I'm
sending a copy of this question to the author of the manual so that it
will be incorporated in a future edition.

--Brian Bechtel		blob@apple.com		"My opinions, not Apple's"