[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard standards

zz1he@sdcc19.ucsd.EDU (Heather Ebey) (02/01/89)

I heard at the MacWorld Expo that a standards committee for HyperCard
is in the works.  Has it been established?  Who is on it? Are
there going to be standards discusions on USENET?  Is there a new
generic name for HyperCard and their clones or will HyperCard be
the generic name?
	--Heather

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (02/04/89)

In article <218@sdcc19.ucsd.EDU> zz1he@sdcc19.ucsd.EDU (Heather Ebey) writes:
>I heard at the MacWorld Expo that a standards committee for HyperCard
>is in the works.  Has it been established?  Who is on it? Are
>there going to be standards discusions on USENET?  Is there a new
>generic name for HyperCard and their clones or will HyperCard be
>the generic name?

The announcement was a bunch of marketing hype.  There is no standards
committee, and there will not be one as long as the current HyperCard
engineering team works on the project, so don't wait around for an ANSI
draft standard...

Dan Allen                **    dan@apple.COM (Unix mail)
Software Explorer        **    ALLEN.DAN (AppleLink)
HyperCard Team           **    20525 Mariani Ave. MS 22AE
Apple Computer           **    Cupertino, CA 95014
** Sam:    "You know what they say, 'You can catch more  **
**          flys with honey than with vinegar.'"         **
** Woody:  "I don't mean to butt in, but you can catch   **
**          the most with dead squirrels."               **