[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Different backgrounds in same stack

goodrum@unccvax.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) (02/11/89)

In article <39@wuee1.wustl.edu>, jtw@wuee1.wustl.edu (Trent Wohlschlaeger) writes:

> I make ...cards with a  different background, and then
> make the scripts for my -> and <- buttons
>
> on mouseUp
>    go to next (prev) gard of this background
> end mouseUp
>
> This also works well for stacks that have ... multiple backgrounds

	I was under the impression that a background was something that
all the cards in a stack have in common. But I get the impression from
this article that it is possible to create a card that has a different
background from the rest of the cards in the stack. How is this done?

--
Cloyd Goodrum III
UNCC Computer Science Department

marc@rna.UUCP (Marc Johnson) (02/11/89)

In article <1356@unccvax.UUCP> goodrum@unccvax.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) writes:
> [quote from another article on multiple backgrounds]
>
>	I was under the impression that a background was something that
>all the cards in a stack have in common. But I get the impression from
>this article that it is possible to create a card that has a different
>background from the rest of the cards in the stack. How is this done?
>

>Cloyd Goodrum III
>UNCC Computer Science Department
>Charlotte, N.C.
>unccvax!goodrum@mcnc.org

A stack may have multiple backgrounds, each of which can be shared by a
group of cards.  To create a new background, simple select the "new Background"
choice under the "Objects" menu.  This will place you in a new card with a
new background.  You can then modify the background by selecting Command-B
(or Background choice under the Edit menu) and adding text, graphics, buttons,
fields or whatever to it.  You know you're editing the background because
HyperCard puts a bar of diagonal stripes just below the menu bar.  You can
write a script for the background, and modify the other background information
by selecting "Background Info" under "Objects".  The rest you can figure out,
I'm sure.

marc

= Marc Johnson			    BITNET:   rna!marc@rockvax.bitnet         =
= Rockefeller Univ. Neurobiology    UUCP:     ...cmcl2!rna!marc               =
= New York City                     INTERNET: marc%rna@rocky2.rockefeller.edu =
=                                             (129.85.2.1)                    =
= "Gimme the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock & roll =
=                           ...and drift away"                                =