[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] serial port xcmds

madden@dukeac.UUCP (Gregory Madden) (03/09/89)

Hello,
     I am in search of a set of serial port XCMDs and XFCNs that support
XON/XOFF.  I have tried two sets of XCMDs already, and neither is able to
handle the data rates being returned by the machine I am connecting to.  If
you have any information that will help me, or know of any serial port XCMDs at
all that work well for you, please send me a reply.
     Thanks in advance,
                       Greg Madden

Greg Madden                 / INTERNET: madden@dukeac.ac.duke.edu
Duke U. Academic Computing  / UUCP: ...!mcnc!ecsgate!dukeac!madden OR
----------------------------/ BITNET: good luck       / madden@dukeac.UUCP

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (03/11/89)

In article <1277@dukeac.UUCP> madden@dukeac.UUCP (Gregory Madden) writes:
>Hello,
>     I am in search of a set of serial port XCMDs and XFCNs that support
>XON/XOFF.  I have tried two sets of XCMDs already, and neither is able to

 Apple has a pretty complete set of serial port XCMDs, which were written
by Harry Chesley. (Yes, xon/xoff is supported.) It's sold through APDA
as the "HyperCard Serial Communications Toolkit."

--
==========     .......     =============================================
Ken McLeod    :.     .:    felix!dhw68k!thecloud@ics.uci.edu

madden@dukeac.UUCP (Gregory Madden) (03/14/89)

Hello, everyone.
      This is a followup to a question originally asked by me, concerning serial
port XCMDs and XFCNs.
      I have been led to two sources for XCMDs which support XON/XOFF:
      1) APDA's Hypercard Serial Communications Toolkit, and
      2) Dartmouth XCMDs volume 2 serial handler.

Since it's free, I'll be trying out the Dartmouth XCMD set first.
Thanks to everyone who replied.  This network works wonderfully.
                                Greg