[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Quotes in scripts

hume@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Heather Hume) (03/10/89)

Does anyone know how to insert quotation marks (") into fields and scripts from
within a script.  It's probably something obvious which I can't see for
looking.

Ta much in advance.

aisl@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Lawrence Landry) (03/13/89)

In article <2558@crete.cs.glasgow.ac.uk> hume@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Heather Hume) writes:
>Does anyone know how to insert quotation marks (") into fields and scripts from
>within a script. .......

Yea:

put quote & "Your quoted text" & quote into variable

I also created a function to do this

function quoted theText
  return quote & theText & quote
end quoted

Tehy I can write:

put quoted("Your Quoted text") into variable

Larry Landry
University of Rochester

goodrum@unccvax.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) (03/20/89)

in article <2558@crete.cs.glasgow.ac.uk>, hume@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Heather Hume) says:

> Does anyone know how to insert quotation marks (") into fields and scripts from
> within a script.  It's probably something obvious which I can't see for
> looking.
>
> Ta much in advance.

	The word quote in a put command means a quotation mark. For instance,
the following statement

       put "I am the" && quote & "boss" & quote

would put

       I am the "boss"

in the message box.

--