[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] DST

dce@stan.UUCP (David Elliott) (04/10/89)

In article <1793@wpi.wpi.edu> tron@wpi.wpi.edu (Richard G Brewer) writes:
>Well, this isn't exactly a wish for HC 2.0, BUT I think that it a relivant
>wish (for conveinence, if nothing else :^) ). I would like to the the US
>version of the Macintosh Software automatically recognize and compensate for
>daylight savings time (i.e. automatically turn the clock forward/back).

A few weeks ago, I nabbed a cdev called Daylight, written by Gregory
Smith, off of sumex.  This is an easily-configurable cdev that pulled
me through the change without any problems at all.

I'm interested in one thing having to do with the original requests for
HC 2.0:  While it has been shown that most (if not all) of the features
requested are already essentially available, I'm surprised that nobody
has mentioned the fact that it's probably too late to implement any new
features at this point, unless we all want to wait another six months
for 2.0.  Do people really expect Apple to be able to put out products
this quickly, assuming reasonable quality?

everyone has noted that most of the
--
David Elliott		dce@Solbourne.COM
			...!{boulder,nbires,sun}!stan!dce