[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Teaching HyperCard

lpress@venera.isi.edu (Laurence I. Press) (04/10/89)

I want to first learn, then teach a class about HyperCard.  Can
you suggest good texts written for people who are already
programmers?  I would like one (or two) that covers Xcommands as
well as Hypercard scripts.

Are there other useful educational materials like illustrative
stacks or assignments and exercises which you have found useful?

Larry

ollef@osiris.sics.se (Olle Furberg) (04/10/89)

In article <7967@venera.isi.edu> lpress@venera.isi.edu (Laurence I. Press) writes:
>you suggest good texts written for people who are already
>programmers?

What about
    "Using HyperCard" ed. Tay Vaughan (ISBN 0-88022-340-5)

for a general introduction and a lot of tips (esp. shortcuts)? This book is
not as chatty as Goodmans, and it's easy to find what you're looking for.

Or
    "HyperCard script language Guide" (publ. by Apple through Addison Wesley)

which is a lexicon for HyperTalk (it also explains the  XCMD/XFCN -interface).
A draft of this book was published by APDA. I think the Guide is the _true_
HyperTalk-Bible.

        /Olle