[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Faculty/time

CES00661%UDACSVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (04/17/89)

  In Article 1730 of comp.sys.mac.hypercard, pjd@alpha.ces.cwru.edu (dr. funk)
(paul j. drongowski) writes:

>Production of the stack easily exceeded the amount of effort that was
>required to write the first draft of seventeen book chapters! And this
>was with a good plan in hand! I admit that more tutorial information was
>needed than I had originally anticipated because I wanted the stacks to
>be more "stand alone" in nature.

>Now if we can only convince University administrators that this is a
>good, productive and scholarly use of faculty time .... This is a serious
>issue that must be resolved before faculty will commit time to the
>development of courseware, etc.

  Sounds a lot like the problems the faculty who used and/or wrote for
the PLATO system used to have.  It might be interesting to dig up any notes
and/or papers that might have been done back in the 70's on it.  I
remember hearing about the same kinds of problems when I was at the Univ.
of Delaware.  I wasn't directly involved though, so I don't know how it
they resolved it (or if they actually did).

     Bob