[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] VideoWorksII hypercard driver

czei@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu (Michael S. Czeiszperger) (05/10/89)

Has anyone tried to put VideoWorksII animations in their stacks?  I'm
considering it, but am worried that to make it run on a 1 meg machine
would severely limit the type of animation that could be done.  And I
can't see going to all that trouble only to have a small number of
people be able to see it.

Thanks,

--
Michael S. Czeiszperger | "...the average sea bass caught off the coast of
Systems Analyst         | Los Angeles contains three times your lifetime's

ollef@osiris.sics.se (Olle Furberg) (05/11/89)

In article <2142@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> czei@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu (Michael S. Czeiszperger) writes:

>Has anyone tried to put VideoWorksII animations in their stacks?  I'm
>considering it, but am worried that to make it run on a 1 meg machine

  I'm using it with a 2 Meg Plus under MultiFinder and it works great.
I've also used it on a 1 Mb MacII. I had to remove all sort of inits, otherwise
the driver wouldn't load. Maybe you should get a memory upgrade? You have to
get that Meg anyway, otherwise you can't use System 7.0

  _My_ big problem is the latest upgrade of VideoWorksII: Director.
Director is very powerful but it needs at least 2 Mb to run. I also would
like to include Director-movies in my stack but the VideoWorks HC driver
can't deal with Director documents. Has anyone seen any upgrade of the driver?

    /Olle

czei@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu (Michael S. Czeiszperger) (05/12/89)

In article <2669@osiris.sics.se> ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) writes:
se
>the driver wouldn't load. Maybe you should get a memory upgrade? You have to
>get that Meg anyway, otherwise you can't use System 7.0

I've got plenty of memory, it's everyone else out there the stack is
being designed for I'm worried about.  Like I said before, I'm worried
that while I might be able to play the animation in Hypercard fine,
those with only 1 meg of memory will be left out.  The question is
that I can't justify purchasing VideoworksII and their hypercard
driver if only those with extra memory will be able to view the
results.

--

kevinc@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Kevin Crocker) (05/13/89)

In article <2669@osiris.sics.se>, ollef@osiris.sics.se (Olle Furberg) writes:
>   _My_ big problem is the latest upgrade of VideoWorksII: Director.
> Director is very powerful but it needs at least 2 Mb to run. I also would
> like to include Director-movies in my stack but the VideoWorks HC driver
> can't deal with Director documents. Has anyone seen any upgrade of the driver?
>
>     /Olle

Hey my first ever posting to comp.sys.mac.hypercard, I think!

I finally got a demo of all this mac stuff at an Apple Expo here today.

I think this expo has converted me to Mac.

Anyway, onto the topic of discussion.

Director was demo'd and I specifically asked if they had a driver for
Hypercard and the guy said yes.  He also hinted that VideoWorks II has
an upgraded driver for HC.  I didn't ask him where to get it because I
would need to buy a complete system anyway.

Now for some help:  I was really impressed with what the Mac can do
with some of the specialized software of interest to me.  However, I do
not know very much about the Mac as I have spent most of the last four
years in UNIX and Messy_DOS.  Can someone point me in the right
direction for me to find out as much about the Mac as I know about the
PC's and UNIX.  I am not a real tech or systems person just someone who
has had to learn a hell of a lot to survive.  HELP!

Kevin Crocker
--
Kevin "auric" Crocker Athabasca University
UUCP: ...!{alberta,ncc,attvcr}!atha!kevinc