[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Undoing CANTMODIFY

EUA@PSUVM.BITNET (Mel DeYoung) (05/19/89)

     I clicked on Can't Modify under Protect Stack... in one
of my stacks, and found my stack "locked" and reduced to
browsing level.

     I decided to revert the stack back, but am having trouble
The command "set cantmodify to false" takes the lock icon away,
but "set userlevel to 5" has no effect: I can't get the "
Protect Stack.." choice to appear in the menu.
    Help.

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (05/20/89)

In article <89138.140828EUA@PSUVM> EUA@PSUVM.BITNET (Mel DeYoung) writes:
>     I clicked on Can't Modify under Protect Stack... in one
>of my stacks, and found my stack "locked" and reduced to
>browsing level....

To get the full File menu (including the Protect Stack item) to appear
while you're at a low userlevel, hold down the command key while pulling
down the menu. This will allow you to access the Protect Stack dialog
and unprotect the stack.

jeanne a. e. devoto
jdevoto@apple.com