[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Sorting the contents of a field

al@mtcs.UUCP (Al Fontes) (06/17/89)

Does anybody have a quick way of sorting the lines in a field or multi-line
container?  Do you have a sorting script by any chance?

Al Fontes
uunet!mtcs.com!al

stel@tank.uchicago.edu (stelios valavanis) (06/20/89)

In article <356@mtcs.UUCP> al@mtcs.UUCP (Al Fontes) writes:

>Does anybody have a quick way of sorting the lines in a field or multi-line
>container?  Do you have a sorting script by any chance?

I want to know about this too.  I tried a couple of things but
abandonded it for more pressing problems.  Any body already done it?
stel
--
Bitnet:	stel%tank.uchicago.edu@uchimvs1.bitnet | i don't know
Internet: 		stel@tank.uchicago.edu | YOU don't know?

anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) (06/21/89)

In article <3969@tank.uchicago.edu> stel@tank.uchicago.edu (stelios  valavanis) writes:
>In article <356@mtcs.UUCP> al@mtcs.UUCP (Al Fontes) writes:
>>
>>Does anybody have a quick way of sorting the lines in a field or multi-line
>>container?  Do you have a sorting script by any chance?
>>
>I want to know about this too.  I tried a couple of things but
>abandonded it for more pressing problems.  Any body already done it?

Check out HyperExternals, from Boojum Software, Inc.

This includes a total of three sets of XCMDs which perform a variety of
functions. One of those functions happens to be a container sort. It is
both quick and flexible.

HyperExternals is available through TechAlliance, APDA and Heizer.
   Ed Anson,    Calcomp Display Products Division,    Hudson NH 03051
   (603) 885-8712,      anson@elrond.CalComp.COM

rich@sendai.sendai.ann-arbor.mi.us (K. Richard Magill) (06/22/89)

I have one that works but isn't especially efficient.  mail me if you
want it.
--
rich.