[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] ControlLock XCMD - Please repost

baum@Apple.COM (Allen J. Baum) (07/06/89)

Let's try this again....
Could someone please re-post the ControlLock XCMD? I got a copy with extra
linefeeds between each line, and I couldn't get BinHex to bless it no matter
what I did.

--
		  baum@apple.com		(408)974-3385
{decwrl,hplabs}!amdahl!apple!baum

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (07/06/89)

In article <32872@apple.Apple.COM>, baum@Apple.COM (Allen J. Baum) writes:
> Let's try this again....
> Could someone please re-post the ControlLock XCMD? I got a copy with extra
> linefeeds between each line, and I couldn't get BinHex to bless it no matter
> what I did.
>
> --
> 		  baum@apple.com		(408)974-3385
> {decwrl,hplabs}!amdahl!apple!baum

The way to solve this problem is to tackle it on the UNIX end.  I have asked
how to strip these extra linefeeds before, and here are the two solutions that
I received:

        cat file | sed '/^$/d'

or, from within vi,

        :g/^$/d

These commands will delete all of the blank lines from the posting.  Then you
don't need anyone to send you another copy.

-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

esf00@uts.amdahl.com (Elliott S. Frank) (07/06/89)

In article <8079@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>In article <32872@apple.Apple.COM>, baum@Apple.COM (Allen J. Baum) writes:
>> Let's try this again....
>> Could someone please re-post the ControlLock XCMD? I got a copy with extra
>> linefeeds between each line, and I couldn't get BinHex to bless it no matter
>> what I did.
>
>The way to solve this problem is to tackle it on the UNIX end.
>
>        [various solutions using sed and vi described]

I too got a copy, and took out the extraneous linefeeds (I used MSWord)
and could not unBinHex it.

A repost (that is unBinHex'able) would be appreciated.

Thanks (as usual, in advance)

Elliott

---------
--
Elliott Frank      ...!{hplabs,ames,sun}!amdahl!esf00     (408) 746-6384
               or ....!{bnrmtv,drivax,hoptoad}!amdahl!esf00

[the above opinions are strictly mine, if anyone's.]
[the above signature may or may not be repeated, depending upon some
inscrutable property of the mailer-of-the-week.]

baum@Apple.COM (Allen J. Baum) (07/07/89)

[]
>In article <8079@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>In article <32872@apple.Apple.COM>, baum@Apple.COM (Allen J. Baum) writes:
>> Let's try this again....
>> Could someone please re-post the ControlLock XCMD? I got a copy with extra
>> linefeeds between each line, and I couldn't get BinHex to bless it no matter
>> what I did.
>>
>> --
>> 		  baum@apple.com		(408)974-3385
>> {decwrl,hplabs}!amdahl!apple!baum
>
>The way to solve this problem is to tackle it on the UNIX end.  I have asked
>how to strip these extra linefeeds before, and here are the two solutions that
>I received:

I guess I should have been more clear. Yes, I know umpteen different ways to
strip extra linefeeds. Howvever, Binhex didn't like the file before or after
I did that.