[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Recovering stacks

jlawler@Apple.COM (John Lawler) (07/13/89)

I'm trying to help out a friend who got some stacks they can't open (they
get messages something like 'can'y open background 3524', and so the
entire stack becomes inaccessable. Is there some utility that can repair
such a problem (maybe replacing the bad background with a blank one, for
instance?). I thought I had seen something like this on the nets many months
ago, but I can't remember what is was called. Thanks for the help!

-John Lawler

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (07/13/89)

In article <33107@apple.Apple.COM>, jlawler@Apple.COM (John Lawler) writes:
> I'm trying to help out a friend who got some stacks they can't open (they
> get messages something like 'can'y open background 3524', and so the
> entire stack becomes inaccessable. Is there some utility that can repair
> such a problem (maybe replacing the bad background with a blank one, for
> instance?). I thought I had seen something like this on the nets many months
> ago, but I can't remember what is was called. Thanks for the help!

Some time ago there game this recoverstack pgm. I think you can ftp it
from various places - at least here in Finland, Vaasa (chyde.uwasa.fi).

I haven't really used it (luckily I haven't had such problems yet) but
I hope it helps.

--
	Harri Valkama			: email:  hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (internet)
Computer Centre, University of Vaasa	:         valkama@finfun    (bitnet)