[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Does anyone remember a magazine index stack?

jtw@wuee1.wustl.edu (Trent Wohlschlaeger) (07/15/89)

Several weeks (months?) ago I remember seeing something about a company which
provides a subscription to an indexing stack which covers MacWeek, MacUser,
MacWorld, and some other magazine I cant' remember.  I thought at the time it
would be nice to have this, but a subscription (1 yr) was something like $189.
Now that I am getting marginally serious about consulting part-time, I can't
find any mention of this product.

Does this desription ring any bells for anyone?  Can anyone provide me with
a pointer to this product and/or company?

Thanks in advance,

Trent

rek@sei.cmu.edu (Bob Kubiak) (07/18/89)

In article <384@wuee1.wustl.edu> jtw@wuee1.wustl.edu (Trent Wohlschlaeger) writes:
>Several weeks (months?) ago I remember seeing something about a company which
>provides a subscription to an indexing stack which covers MacWeek, MacUser,
>MacWorld, and some other magazine I cant' remember.  I thought at the time it
>would be nice to have this, but a subscription (1 yr) was something like $189.
>Now that I am getting marginally serious about consulting part-time, I can't
>find any mention of this product.
>
>Does this desription ring any bells for anyone?  Can anyone provide me with
>a pointer to this product and/or company?

The stack was "Hyper Mac Subjects", and (from the literature I have) covers
most of the exclusively Mac magazines, plus some others (e.g., Personal
Publishing).  Some magazines which provide valuable Mac info and sometimes
have Mac feature sections (e.g., InfoWorld or BYTE) were not included, but the
blurb said that "other magazines are being added with each new issue".

It's produced by

	Pointer Publications
	935 Brooksglen Drive
	Roswell, GA  30075
	(404)587-1844 {Bob Stevens}
	M-F 9am-5pm EST

Price was $50/yr for "Hyper Mac Subjects (HMS)", $90 for "Hyper Mac Subjects
Combined Index (HMSCI)" (a siz-month compilation), $80 for both of the above,
$10 per back issue of HMS, $45 per back issue of HMSCI.

I haven't subscribed myself, so I cannot attest to quality of the product
(i.e. stack) or to the quality of the information contained in it.  I'm just
reporting from the promotional literature they sent me.

_Bob Kubiak
 Software Engineering Institute
 Carnegie Mellon University