[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Protection at ssyx.ucsc.edu

mi@chyde.uwasa.fi (Matti Inkinen LST) (07/18/89)

I don't know name for the sysop at ssyx.ucsc.edu so I have to use postnews.
The problem is, that when I tried to get two files from mac-xcmd directory
I only got message "Permission denied". I came in anonymous with ftp.

So if you want to share those files in ftp, would it be possible to change
protection parameters a little bit. -)

Thank you in advance

__

	Matti Inkinen			e-mail 	mi@chyde.uwasa.fi
	University of Vaasa
	VAASA, FINLAND

sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Greg Anderson) (07/19/89)

Send Macintosh-related comments and questions to me (sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu).

>The problem is, that when I tried to get two files from mac-xcmd directory
>I only got message "Permission denied". I came in anonymous with ftp.
>
>So if you want to share those files in ftp, would it be possible to change
>protection parameters a little bit. -)
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>__
>
>	Matti Inkinen			e-mail 	mi@chyde.uwasa.fi
>	University of Vaasa
>	VAASA, FINLAND

I checked the permissions, and both files (along with the directory they
are sitting in) are publicly readable.  Just to make sure, I logged on
to another machine, connected to ftp on ssyx using the account "ftp",
and successfully pulled off both XCMD stacks.

All I can say is try again; I have no idea what went wrong.

     ___\    /___               Greg Anderson              ___\    /___
     \   \  /   /         Social Sciences Computing        \   \  /   /
      \  /\/\  /    University of California, Santa Cruz    \  /\/\  /
       \/    \/              sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu             \/    \/