[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How do you lock/unlock a card from a script?

FONTENOA@RICE.BITNET (Dwayne Jacques Fontenot) (07/21/89)

Hello. I am working on a "research tool" type stack. I have a card which is
used as a template for bibliography cards--- when a user wants a new bib card
he clicks on "new card" and the template is copied, sans text.
My problem is this: I want the template card to be undeletable (the "can`t
delete card" button checked in the card info dialog. But...I want the copies
that are made from this card to be deletable, as there is an option to delete
all user input information on the stack. Of course, if I could just find out
how to unlock a card from inside a script, I could make all the cards
undeletable during normal operation and just unlock them before deleting them.
That would seem to be the best solution...
Any hints? .... ideas?... references?

                                                      Thank you for your time,
                                                        Dwayne Jacques Fontenot

puff@stud.uucp (Zorn Burciaga) (07/22/89)

In article <1175FONTENOA@RICE> FONTENOA@RICE.BITNET (Dwayne Jacques Fontenot) writes:

>all user input information on the stack. Of course, if I could just find out
>how to unlock a card from inside a script, I could make all the cards
>undeletable during normal operation and just unlock them before deleting them.
>That would seem to be the best solution...
>Any hints? .... ideas?... references?

The way to do this is to set the card's "cantdelete" property to false by
the following-
		set cantdelete of this card to false

Cantdelete is just a boolean property for every card, and can be set
inside a script.

Zorn Burciaga
Information Systems Group
Stanford University, School of Medicine