[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Wanted: HyperCard International z1.2.2

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (07/28/89)

In last December's issue of _Windoid_, Apple's HyperCard User Group newsletter,
the following note is given:

"NOTE: Developers who plan to license and ship HyperCard with their products
outside the United States should use version z1.2.2, which contains a special
resource for handling non-U.S. date, currency, and other number formats."

My question is: Where can I get this 'special resource'?

Through some clever manipulations with ResEdit, I have changed the way my
system displays dates to a form that better suits me (such as 7/27/89 being
changed to 1989-7-27, and July 27, 1989 being changed to 27 July 1989).
Problem is, HyperCard misinterprets these dates, telling me that there are
some 40,000-odd days between 1 Jan 1989 and 31 March 1989.  Needless to say,
this renders useless any stacks that do any date calculations.

I'd like to get my hands on this resource.  Where can I get it?  Why isn't it
distributed with the American release of HyperCard 1.2.2?  Is it the same
throughout Europe, or different for each country (although I don't see why
it would be...)?

Thanks for any help anyone may provide.

--
| Brian S. Kendig       |  I feel more like I   | bskendig                   |
| Computer Engineering  |  did when I got here  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU     |

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (07/28/89)

In article <9632@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) writes:
>"NOTE: Developers who plan to license and ship HyperCard with their products
>outside the United States should use version z1.2.2, which contains a special
>resource for handling non-U.S. date, currency, and other number formats."
>
>My question is: Where can I get this 'special resource'?

The International Z version of HyperCard as well as the localized versions
are available from Apple Software Licensing.  You can contact them at the
following address:

Apple Software Licensing
Apple Computer, Inc.,
20525 Mariani Avenue, M/S 38-I
Cupertino, CA, 95014
(408) 974-4667

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_