[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] which stacks are basic

mss+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark Sherman) (08/02/89)

We have gotten some Hypercards for our Macintoshes and are wondering
what stacks are considered the "basic" ones that everyone has besides
those that come with the program (like everyone has a word processor and
drawing program). If it matters, we have no plans to do serious
programming with Hypercard, but we are programmers and don't have any
qualms about jumping into code is that's necessary to get something done.
		-Mark

RADSOFT@APPLELINK.APPLE.COM (Richard Eames) (08/03/89)

In article <gYpjyJ200VsAIVkoV0@andrew.cmu.edu> mss+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark
Sherman) writes:
> We have gotten some Hypercards for our Macintoshes and are wondering
> what stacks are considered the "basic" ones that everyone has besides
> those that come with the program (like everyone has a word processor and
> drawing program). If it matters, we have no plans to do serious
> programming with Hypercard, but we are programmers and don't have any
> qualms about jumping into code is that's necessary to get something done.

If it were me, I would say:

1) Developer Stack (*if* you are going to develop your own stacks)
2) Script Reporter

-Rick

##############################################  These thoughts are mine, not
#  "Anyltus and Meletus have the Power to    #  Apple Computer's.  Blame me,
#   put me to death, but not to harm me." -- #  not them.
#                  SOCRATES                  #
GEnie:  R.EAMES2   CI$: 73677,2777

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (08/03/89)

In article <3316@internal.Apple.COM> RADSOFT@APPLELINK.APPLE.COM (Richard Eames) writes:
>In article <gYpjyJ200VsAIVkoV0@andrew.cmu.edu> mss+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark
>Sherman) writes:
>> We have gotten some Hypercards for our Macintoshes and are wondering
>> what stacks are considered the "basic" ones that everyone has besides
>> those that come with the program (like everyone has a word processor and
>> drawing program). If it matters, we have no plans to do serious
>> programming with Hypercard, but we are programmers and don't have any
>> qualms about jumping into code is that's necessary to get something done.
>>

>If it were me, I would say:
>
>1) Developer Stack (*if* you are going to develop your own stacks)
>2) Script Reporter

If you are developing (or interested in development) you should also
include the Macintosh Technical Notes Stack and Q & A Stack...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_