[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard Clone

hack@ztivax.UUCP (Gerald Hackenberg) (08/10/89)

I need a hypercard system for MS-DOS that is compatible with Hypercard
on the Macintosh. There are already some systems like HyperPad but this
has no graphics. Best thing would be if I could transfer my scripts from the
Mac to the PC. Someone told me of a new program called "WildCard" but I
have no further information. This one sounds very good to me as it has
graphics and can import hypercard scripts (as rumours say).

So please, if anyone knows Hypercard on the Macintosh and also works
with something similar on a MS/DOS-machine, send me a mail. I don't need
informations about Hypertext programs because I need this system for
a multimedia project.

Thanks in advance
             Gerald

gws@sys.uea.ac.uk (G.W. Somner CMP RA) (08/11/89)

In article <723@ztivax.UUCP>, hack@ztivax.UUCP (Gerald Hackenberg) writes:
> I need a hypercard system for MS-DOS that is compatible with Hypercard
> on the Macintosh.....

I'm also trying to find interactive graphics packages for the IBM,
a hypercard clone would be perfect but I don't think its out there yet.
I've heard of a few packages around:

From: kev.barry@canremote.uucp (KEV BARRY)
}  ...  One I know of is DrHalo II or DrHalo III.  It's made by:
} Media Cybernetics, 8484 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, Maryland 20901
} (301) 495-3305

From <taylorj@yvax.byu.edu>, Jim Taylor:
} Here are a few programs to check into:

} LinkWay from IBM.  Similar to HyperCard (card oriented, has
} buttons, pictures and fields, not nearly as powerful as HyperCard).

} HyperPad from (I think) Brightbill-Roberts.  I don't know anything about this
} one, but it's another HyperCard-like authoring system.
}
} StoryBoard Plus from IBM.  Nothing really sophisticated, but it does nice
} graphics with rudimentary scripting.
}
} AVC from IBM. This won't come out until the fall, but it has some really nice
} features (anti-aliased fonts, digitized video and audio (requires special
} hardware), complete control over event synchronization).  The scripting
} language is pretty good but wierd and hard to use.
}
} InfoWindow from IBM.  Requires a special touchscreen monitor with built-in
} video overlay capabilities.  Nice system if you can afford it.
}
} Spinnaker Software is supposedly working on a "real" HyperCard clone that can
} read and write actual HyperCard stacks.  No word on when this will be out.
}
} Guide from Owl Software.  This is a mostly text-oriented hypertext system.
} Runs under Windows.  The advantage is that there's a Mac version and the two
} are compatible.
}
} Course of Action from Authorware.  A very powerful authoring system that runs
} on the Mac. There's an IBM runtime version that lets you run things on the
} IBM PC that you've developed on the Mac.

Hope this is of some help, I haven't had a chance to get hold of any of them
yet but I'd be interested to hear any reports from anyone that has. Any info
about other software that might relevant would be most welcome.

____________
Geoff Somner
University of East Anglia
Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7TJ, UK.

gideony@microsoft.UUCP (Gideon Yuvall) (08/15/89)

In article <723@ztivax.UUCP> hack@ztivax.UUCP (Gerald Hackenberg) writes:
>I need a hypercard system for MS-DOS that is compatible with Hypercard
>on the Macintosh. There are already some systems like HyperPad but this
>So please, if anyone knows Hypercard on the Macintosh and also works
>with something similar on a MS/DOS-machine, send me a mail. ...

Me too, please.

Thanks
--
Gideon Yuval, gideony@microsof.UUCP, 206-882-8080 (fax:206-883-8101;TWX:160520)