[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard <-> AppleTalk <-> HyperCard

kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) (07/28/89)

Would it be interesting to have xcmd to send HyperTalk (-Card)
messages trought AppleTalk from one Mac to other? Does someone
have any idea could that be possible? Does this xcmd excists?

Seppo

--

kallio@tukki.jyu.fi       Seppo Kallio             phone Finland 941 292809
kallio@finjyu.bitnet      University of Jyvaskyla  Computing Centre

shani@TAURUS.BITNET (08/06/89)

In article <1066@tukki.jyu.fi>, kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) writes:
> Would it be interesting to have xcmd to send HyperTalk (-Card)
> messages through AppleTalk from one Mac to other?
>
> Seppo

   Well well, there is someone else (besides me) in the galaxy who thinks that
may be interesting! :-)

  Actually, I have this in mind, as a big project, which I call HyperWeb, but
I'm not sure it is that easy, I mean, the technological aspects (xcmds, etc)
should be the easy part, but do we realy know how to establish communication
between object-oriented systems?

O.S.

american@pnet51.cts.com (Jeff Iverson) (08/10/89)

In article <1066@tukki.jyu.fi>, kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) writes:
> Would it be interesting to have xcmd to send HyperTalk (-Card)> messages
> messages through AppleTalk from one Mac to other?

It's been done in a product from Gava Technologies (?) called HyperCom, which
allows one to register onto a network from within HyperCard as well as send
commands to currently registered machines.  I believe that one can configure
their machine such that they can toggle the message receptivity of their
Mac... very interesting idea.

Yours in HyperCard

Jeff

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!american
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!american@nosc.mil
INET: american@pnet51.cts.com
GEnie:  APOSTASY
AppleLink:  ALL.AMERICAN
U. S. Mail:  All-American Software Development Corp.
             5612 International Parkway
             Minneapolis MN  55428
             Jeff Iverson

oren@apple.com (Tim Oren) (09/01/89)

In article <1066@tukki.jyu.fi> kallio@tukki.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio) writes:
> Would it be interesting to have xcmd to send HyperTalk (-Card)
> messages trought AppleTalk from one Mac to other? Does someone
> have any idea could that be possible? Does this xcmd excists?
>
> Seppo

There is a product called HyperCom by a company named Gava located in the
Seattle area which does what you're describing.

Tim Oren  oren@apple.com
"As always, if you are caught or killed, the CEO will disavow all
knowledge of your actions."