[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Fractal generation stacks?

thom@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Thom Gillespie) (09/16/89)

Hi,

	Anyone know of any PD or shareware stacks which illustarte Mandelbrot or
	Julia sets and would be useful in illustratiing very basic chaos theory? Any
	other ideas would also be appreciated. The idea is to 'show', not tell.
	Thanks.

	Thom Gillespie

rcbaem@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Ernst <pooh> Mulder) (09/18/89)

In article <31333@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> thom@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Thom Gillespie) writes:
>Hi,
>
>Anyone know of any PD or shareware stacks which illustarte Mandelbrot or
>Julia sets and would be useful in illustratiing very basic chaos theory? Any

Hi Thom Gillespie,

 Some time ago I made a nice HyperCard stack where you can search through
the Mandelbrot figure. It contains a set of precalculated pictures of
parts of the Mandelbrot I thought were interresting. It's a nice stack to
a) show off
b) explain some things about the Mandelbrot fractal
c) to show the basic essential property of these fractals i.e. the amount
   of detail is infinitely big. No matter how deep you zoom, the Mandelbrot
   border is infinitely complex. Oh I love this!!

 Furthermore, doing a practical work on IFS I wrote a Macintosh program to
calculate and edit/export IFS pictures. It isn't quite finished because I
want to implement a graphical IFS editor, and I still haven't written a
routine to rotate bitmaps... But the rest of the program works.

 If there's enough interrest, I could post any of these on comp.binaries.mac,
that is if someone tells me how to do that :) I mean do I just put my
file (binhex) in comp.binaries.mac or do I have to send it to someone
(moderator) who will then check it and put it on binaries?

 Ernst.