[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] v1.2.1 and System 6.0.1

pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Paul E "Scooter" Ford) (09/21/89)

	I'm working with Hypercard version 1.2.1 and until recently had
no problems with it.  A couple of weeks ago, the system I'm using was upgraded
from 4.2 to 6.0.1 and now I can't start-up Hypercard at all.  I think I
remember seeing somewhere that HC doesn't work with versions 6.0 and up;
is there any truth in this?  If so, can someone PLEASE tell me how I can get
around the problem.  Else, could you tell me what the problem is?

	Thanx!--
-----auf Wiederlesen
Paul E Ford (pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu)
Disclaimer: Who? Me? I didn't say anything!
"TTFN--Ta-Ta For Now" -- T-I-double Guh-er

american@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Jeff Iverson) (09/22/89)

pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Paul E "Scooter" Ford) writes:

>	I'm working with Hypercard version 1.2.1 and until recently had
>no problems with it.  A couple of weeks ago, the system I'm using was upgraded
>from 4.2 to 6.0.1 and now I can't start-up Hypercard at all.  I think I
>remember seeing somewhere that HC doesn't work with versions 6.0 and up;
>is there any truth in this?  If so, can someone PLEASE tell me how I can get
>around the problem.  Else, could you tell me what the problem is?
>
>	Thanx!--
>-----auf Wiederlesen
>Paul E Ford (pefsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu)
>Disclaimer: Who? Me? I didn't say anything!
>"TTFN--Ta-Ta For Now" -- T-I-double Guh-er

You should upgrade to System 6.0.3 and HyperCard 1.2.2 at least (both are
should be available from you handy nearby Apple Authorized Dealer).

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!american
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!american@nosc.mil
INET: american@pnet51.cts.com
GEnie:  APOSTASY
AppleLink:  ALL.AMERICAN
U. S. Mail:  All-American Software Development Corp.
             5612 International Parkway
             Minneapolis MN  55428
             Jeff Iverson