[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] munger xfcn?

dcc@ccvr1.uucp (Daniel Carr) (10/18/89)

has anyone written or knows about a munger xfcn?
i need a xfcn to do finds/replaces.  or does anyone know of a good book
to read so that i can write my own

thanks!

daniel carr
dcc@ccvr1.ncsu.edu
DANIEL@NCSUVM (bitnet)

american@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Jeff Iverson) (10/23/89)

dcc@ccvr1.uucp (Daniel Carr) writes:
>has anyone written or knows about a munger xfcn?
>i need a xfcn to do finds/replaces.  or does anyone know of a good book
>to read so that i can write my own
>
>thanks!
>
>daniel carr
>dcc@ccvr1.ncsu.edu
>DANIEL@NCSUVM (bitnet)

I've done some work with munger to attempt to replicate the process used by
StackCleaner (a product of TrendWare Corporation).  The reason for this is
that the TrendWare product (which is supposed to 'clean' stacks by
substituting HyperCard abbreviations where the user wrote the long keyword, ie
subtituting 'fld' for 'background field' would be acceptible) anyway, the
TrendWare product does a good job of changing things, in fact, too good, it
also changes literals, which means that if you used the word "field" and meant
"field" as in 'answer "Put you answer in the small field" with "OK"' would
come out as 'answer "Put you answer in the small fld" with "OK"' after running
StackCleaner against it...

I can't giv you my source code, but I can tell you almost exactly where to
find the answer... Inside Macintosh Volume 1, page 468.  It's fairly simple to
use and I wish you the best of luck!

"Down with bad stacks!"

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!american
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!american@nosc.mil
INET: american@pnet51.cts.com
GEnie:  APOSTASY
AppleLink:  ALL.AMERICAN
U. S. Mail:  All-American Software Development Corp.
             5612 International Parkway
             Minneapolis MN  55428
             Jeff Iverson