[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] radio control with Hypercard

hogenes@cstw32.prl.philips.nl (Geert Hogen Esch) (10/25/89)

I am working on a simulation/animation of a car radio  with
the help of Hypercard (The version is 1.2.?, I believe 1.2.1)
I wonder, is there somewhere out there in the world who can
help me get an answer to the following question:

	Is it possible to control a real radio (one that's
	picking up signals out of the air) via Hypercard?

There is another question I would like to ask.
I was working on a stack which I left at some stage and which
I could not get into anymore. When I try to open the stack,
the following message is printed after two 'boings':

	Unexpected error 5455

with button Sorry which when pushed makes me quit Hypercard.
Does anyone know what 5455 means? It is a puzzle to me.

Geert Hogen Esch,
Philips CST,
Eindhoven.

jeremy@Apple.COM (Jeremy Bornstein) (10/26/89)

hogenes@cstw32.prl.philips.nl (Geert Hogen Esch) writes:
>I was working on a stack which I left at some stage and which
>I could not get into anymore. When I try to open the stack,
>the following message is printed after two 'boings':
>	Unexpected error 5455
>with button Sorry which when pushed makes me quit Hypercard.
>Does anyone know what 5455 means? It is a puzzle to me.

The following answer was extracted from the Q&A stack, which is avaliable via
ftp from apple.com in the directory /usr/spool/ftp/pub/dts/mac/q+a.

------
There is no published list of Hypercard's internal errors. These errors
indicate an internal Hypercard error, not a problem with a script. Three
possible causes are:

  * Hypercard doesn't have enough memory.
  * An XCMD or XFCN has corrupted Hypercard's environment.
  * The stack is corrupted.

If you repeatedly get Hypercard errors and you are sure none of the
above conditions are causing it, report it to Mac DTS.

It sounds as if your stack is corrupted.  You might try using the "Recover"
stack from Mac DTS, which I will try to have put in the public ftp directory
by the end of the week or so.

-jeremy bjornsten
 jeremy@apple.com