[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Need golf handicapping stack

stevem@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (Steve Miller) (12/02/89)

I have the need to keep track of the golf scores for about 100 people.  I also
want to automatically calculate their handicapps.  It should be easy to
add and delete people, add scores and create reports.  Optionally the database
should keep a rolling record of the last 40 or so games for each person so
that I can also keep track of how the handicap has changed for the last 20
games.

Does anyone have a hypercard stack to do such a thing.  Also, how easy
would it be to do this in hypercard.

Thanks in advance

Steven Miller       ...hplabs!hpvcfs1!stevem
Vancouver Division
Hewlett Packard

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (12/06/89)

In article <870001@hpvcfs1.HP.COM> stevem@hpvcfs1.HP.COM (Steve Miller) writes:

>I have the need to keep track of the golf scores for about 100 people.  I also
>want to automatically calculate their handicapps.  It should be easy to
>add and delete people, add scores and create reports.  Optionally the database
>should keep a rolling record of the last 40 or so games for each person so
>that I can also keep track of how the handicap has changed for the last 20
>games.

I have a stack which I created for myself that maintains scorecards, course
info, and player info, including computing USGA handicap.  However, it keeps
all of the scores, unless you manually go in and delete them.  Also, that
computes out to be around 4000 score cards, 100 player cards, and an
undeterminate number of course cards.  You might be better off with a database
or spreadsheet, but if you want the stack, let me know.
| Glenn L. Austin               | "Have you ever danced with the devil in   |
| Communications Toolbox Hacker |  in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker       |
| Apple Computer, Inc.          | "You made me!" -Batman                    |
| AppleLink:  AUSTIN.GLENN      | All opinions stated above are mine --     |
| Bellnet:    (408) 974-0876    |                who else would want them?  |