[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Where can I find such XFCNs and XCMDs?

lin@diemen.cc.utas.oz (Zhen Jie Lin) (12/05/89)

Hello, all experts on Mac land:

Can any people over there tell me where I can find a XFCN called FILENAME used
to get a filename through dialog window instead of typing all the pathname?

Have any people ever seen some XCMD which can split a A4 (or US letter size)
Macpaint file into two files and then read them into two HyperCard cards?  The
opposite XCMD would export two cards and then join them together.

I am working on a stack which need to import and export two-card size image.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and credited to the development of the
stack.

Thank you in advance.

Please email me to the following address:

                 lin@cmltas.cml.oz

rieman@boulder.Colorado.EDU (John Rieman) (12/07/89)

In article <1164@diemen.cc.utas.oz> lin@diemen.cc.utas.oz (Zhen Jie Lin) writes:

>Can any people over there tell me where I can find a XFCN called FILENAME used
>to get a filename through dialog window instead of typing all the pathname?
>
>                 lin@cmltas.cml.oz

Do an ftp to sumex-aim.stanford.edu.  Login as anonymous.  The FILENAME and
NEWFILENAME XCMDs, by Andrew Gilmartin, are in the Hypercard directory.

-john

aperez@mustang.prime.com (Arturo Perez x6739) (12/14/89)

> Do an ftp to sumex-aim.stanford.edu.  Login as anonymous.  The FILENAME and
> NEWFILENAME XCMDs, by Andrew Gilmartin, are in the Hypercard directory.
>
> -john

Is there anyway to access sumex-aim WITHOUT ftp; e.g. via a mail archive
server?

Arturo Perez
ComputerVision, a division of Prime
aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police

aperez@caribe.uucp (Arturo Perez x6739) (12/19/89)

> Do an ftp to sumex-aim.stanford.edu.  Login as anonymous.  The FILENAME and
> NEWFILENAME XCMDs, by Andrew Gilmartin, are in the Hypercard directory.
>
> -john

Is there anyway to access sumex-aim WITHOUT ftp; e.g. via a mail archive
server?

Arturo Perez
ComputerVision, a division of Prime
aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police

lin@diemen.cc.utas.oz (Zhen Jie Lin) (12/19/89)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Sorry to post this again, because I haven't got any response.

Have any people ever seen some XCMD which can split a A4 (or US letter size)
Macpaint file into two files and then read them into two HyperCard cards?  The
opposite XCMD would export two cards and then join them together.

I am working on a stack which need to import and export two-card size image.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and credited to the development of the
stack.

Thank you in advance.

Please email me to the following address:

                 lin@cmltas.cml.oz

I will do a summary if I get enough request.