[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Getting the list of mounted volumes

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (01/09/90)

I need a way in HyperCard to get a list of the currently-mounted
volumes.

Any ideas?
--
David Elliott
dce@smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Greg Anderson) (01/09/90)

In article <1990Jan8.174654.22867@smsc.sony.com> dce@smsc.Sony.COM (David Elliott) writes:
>I need a way in HyperCard to get a list of the currently-mounted
>volumes.

There is an XFCN called _getvol_ that returns the name of ONE mounted
volume; I think this comes from Gary Bond's "XCMD's for HyperCard" book.

At any rate, I modified the source for _getvol_ and came up with _getvols_,
which returns the names of ALL mounted volumes.  Volume names are separated
by newlines.

_getvols_ is attached to HyperUnix's home stack, available via anonymous
ftp from ssyx.ucsc.edu.  I'm not sure where you could get _getvol_.

>--
>David Elliott
>dce@smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

  ___\    /___               Greg Anderson              ___\    /___
  \   \  /   /         Social Sciences Computing        \   \  /   /
   \  /\/\  /    University of California, Santa Cruz    \  /\/\  /
    \/    \/              sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu             \/    \/