[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] using MIDI XCMDs, anyone?

peters@sahiways.gov.au (01/05/90)

Greetings!

I've nearly finished a patch librarian stack for the Roland MT-32 synth-
box, and was wondering if there has been any further development with the
HC MIDI XCMDs released in early 88 which I'm using.

If anyone else is using HC for MIDI, I'd like to exchange ideas - drop me
a line sometime.

Geoff Peters

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (01/09/90)

In article <902@sahiways.gov.au> peters@sahiways.gov.au writes:
>I've nearly finished a patch librarian stack for the Roland MT-32 synth-
>box, and was wondering if there has been any further development with the
>HC MIDI XCMDs released in early 88 which I'm using.
>
>If anyone else is using HC for MIDI, I'd like to exchange ideas - drop me
>a line sometime.

I don't know exactly which MIDI XCMDs you are using.  I have a set from
the Developer's stack, and a more recent set called HyperMIDI (from the
same person).  HyperMIDI is $30 shareware, but it comes with a filter
XCMD and XCMDs for handling a MIDI slider object.

I sent HyperMIDI to comp.binaries.mac earlier this week, and will be
glad to send the stack to individuals who can't wait or can't get
to the MIDI archives on ucsd.edu.

--
David Elliott
dce@smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

CHOOPER@acad.cut.oz (Todd Hooper) (01/15/90)

In article <1990Jan9.052837.24120@smsc.sony.com>, dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) writes:
> In article <902@sahiways.gov.au> peters@sahiways.gov.au writes:
>>I've nearly finished a patch librarian stack for the Roland MT-32 synth-
>>box, and was wondering if there has been any further development with the
>>HC MIDI XCMDs released in early 88 which I'm using.
>>
>>If anyone else is using HC for MIDI, I'd like to exchange ideas - drop me
>>a line sometime.
>
> I don't know exactly which MIDI XCMDs you are using.  I have a set from
> the Developer's stack, and a more recent set called HyperMIDI (from the
> same person).  HyperMIDI is $30 shareware, but it comes with a filter
> XCMD and XCMDs for handling a MIDI slider object.
>
> I sent HyperMIDI to comp.binaries.mac earlier this week, and will be
> glad to send the stack to individuals who can't wait or can't get
> to the MIDI archives on ucsd.edu.

I wrote to the author of HyperMIDI recently (via Compuserve) and he gave
me the details of HyperMIDI 2.0. It has a lot more features than version
1.11 which is what I have.

Unfortunately it is also fairly expensive - $195 U.S. I think.

If anyone would like more details, please email me.

--
Todd Hooper                                                Computing Centre
                                            Curtin University of Technology