[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Printing Reports with Word and RTF

serre@tramp.Colorado.EDU (SERRE GLENN) (01/18/90)

I print reports by sending the contents of my fields to a temporary file
(with the "write" command) along with RTF commands that tell Word how I want
my text formatted.

If you send to the address given below, Microsoft will send you a free copy
of their RTF specification.

     Microsoft Corporation
     Department: RTF
     16011 NE 36th Way
     Box 97017
     Redmond, WA 98073-9717

I promise that those who sent e-mail questions will get a more detailed answer,
along with examples, as soon as I can get some time free (Real Soon, Now).

Disclaimer:  I am not associated with Microsoft Corporation in any way.

--Glenn Serre
serre@tramp.colorado.edu

root@brain.UUCP (root) (01/22/90)

serre@tramp.Colorado.EDU (SERRE GLENN) writes:

>I print reports by sending the contents of my fields to a temporary file
>(with the "write" command) along with RTF commands that tell Word how I want
>my text formatted.

Do you have to generate complete style sheets, font tables,etc. for RTF?
Or, is it sufficient to add things like "\ul", etc. to get the desired effect?