[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] screen designs

uthakkar@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (THE GRADUATE) (02/06/90)

  hi,

  I am looking for Japanese Garden stack (educational) by Kathy
  Wolf.  I  have tried to download it from BBS:4082526801 but
  never quite succeeded !?!  Also, are there any suggested guidelines
  or principles for screen design ?

  thanks a lot,

  umesh thakkar
  college of education

taylorj@yvax.byu.edu (02/10/90)

A good source of guidelines for HyperCard screen designs is Apple's own
"HyperCard Stack Design Guidelines" published by Addison-Wesley (ISBN
0-201-51784-1).

There are also some good design guidelines in Carol Kaehler's "HyperCard
Power" and Danny Goodman's "HyperCard Developer's Guide."

Jim Taylor
Microcomputer Support for Curriculum
Brigham Young University
taylorj@yvax.byu.edu

From: Dave J Gridley <GRIDLEY@MAINE.BITNET>
Newsgroups: rec.music.dementia
Subject: Re: Kinko the Clown lyrics (I think...)
Date: Friday, 9 Feb 1990 21:14:19 EST
 <90035.180742DC <7800@cs.utexas.edu> <90036.191612DCS100@PSUVM.BITNET>

Has anyone else who lives in Boston or has visited the city noticed
that some of the trains on the T's Green Line are manufactured by a
company called "Kinki?"  Or was it just my imagination?
-------

Dave J. Gridley    Bitnet:  Gridley@Maine.Bitnet
    N1FMF          Arpa:    Gridley@Maine.caps.maine.edu
   SP,ASEL         USPS:    17 Garland St.
                            Bangor, ME  04401

uthakkar@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (THE GRADUATE) (02/15/90)

  hello,

  I had posted a note couple of weeks ago requesting screen design guidelines.
  Here's the list I have compiled:

   1) HyperCard Stack Design Guidelines by Addison-Wesley.
   2) Human Interface Guidelines: The Apple Desktop Interface by A-W.
   3) HyperCard Power by Carol Kaehler.
   4) HyperCard Developer's Guide by Danny Goodman.
   4) Screen Design Strategies .. by J. M. Heines  ('84 book by Digital).
   5) Screen Layout Design .. by Scott Grabinger ('89 paper, Colorado/Denver).
   6) Principles of Screen Design for HyperCard (paper available from AECT'90).
   7) HyperCard Authoring Tool by Myers and Lamb ('90 book by Career Pub.).

  Many thanks.

  umesh thakkar
  graduate student
  college of education