[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] sorting cards by number

dkletter@adobe.COM (Reality is the only word that should always be used in quotes) (02/15/90)

if i have a stack of, say 850 cards which are numbered, if i choose to
move one of those cards to a different location in the stack, how do i
resort the stack so that the cards are now re-numbered correctly? currently,
when cutting and pasting the card in question, it becomes un-numbered.
there's got to be a way to do this, does anyone know?

thanks.--d

----
"I know what you need" winked the old man.		dkletter@adobe.com

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (02/17/90)

In article <1831@adobe.UUCP> dkletter@adobe.UUCP writes:
>if i have a stack of, say 850 cards which are numbered, if i choose to
>move one of those cards to a different location in the stack, how do i
>resort the stack so that the cards are now re-numbered correctly? currently,
>when cutting and pasting the card in question, it becomes un-numbered.

I'm not completely sure I understand what you want to do. If you mean
your cards are named according to their number in the stack, it's probably
easier to just refer to them by card number.

If I've misunderstood your question, let me know.
--
 jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a