[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How to gray out buttons

rmh@apple.com (Rick Holzgrafe) (02/23/90)

In article <1990Feb19.215621.3645@agate.berkeley.edu>
bri@garnet.berkeley.edu (Brian Reilly) writes:
>Also, can anyone describe how to simulate an inactive button with gray
text,
>like inactive menu choices?  I have seen this somewhere before but can't
>remember it.

I used Font/DA Mover to paste a copy of Chicago into my stack, then used
ResEdit to make every character gray, and re-named it "ChicagoGray".
(Fontastic or any font-editing utility should work as well.) To gray out a
button, do:
    Set the textFont of button "Foo" to ChicagoGray
To restore it:
    Set the textFont of button "Foo" to Chicago

I don't know what the legalities of posting a munged version of Apple's
system font are; since I work for Apple, I'll be cowardly and not post my
font. But it's not hard to make your own. A little tedious, but once it's
done you can use it again and again.

Rick Holzgrafe              |    {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!rmh
Software Engineer           | AppleLink HOLZGRAFE1          rmh@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.        |  "All opinions expressed are mine, and do
20525 Mariani Ave. MS: 67-B |    not necessarily represent those of my
Cupertino, CA 95014         |        employer, Apple Computer Inc."