[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How can I record/create sound resources

mecegy@jane.uh.edu (02/23/90)

Recently I saw a language stack and some other sound stacks which
were quite small in size.  Can anyone recommend any books which give
instructions on how to record and create my own sound resources
for Hypercard.  Or email/post instructions/methods for creating
sound resources. The only way I've recorded sound is using MacRecorder,
which creates large sound files.

Thanks

Nilanjan

MECEGY@uhvax1.uh.edu

taylorj@yvax.byu.edu (02/24/90)

In article <5628.25e421c5@jane.uh.edu>, Nilanjan asks for advice on creating
small sound resources in HyperCard.

Get MacRecorder version 2.0.  It has new compressed sounds that let you get a
lot more sound in stack.  After some testing we've discovered that 4:1
compression still sounds good enough for language applications.  You'll have to
install a special "fplay" XCMD (supplied with MacRecorder) into your stack and
use it instead of the play command.

Jim Taylor
Microcomputer Support for Curriculum
Brigham Young University
taylorj@yvax.byu.edu

From: Michael E. Goldstein <GOLDSTN@MAINE.BITNET>
Newsgroups: alt.activism
Subject: ?heard of North Carolina Environmental Research Group?
Date: Saturday, 24 Feb 1990 10:12:10 EST

A couple of years ago I read an article somewhere (i dont remember
where) about a group of individuals that were doing
environmental research specifically for use by
environmental action groups in the U.S.. I think that they
were based in the Carolinas.
I need to get in touch with them for some info pertaining
to an environmental lawwsuit.  Has anyhone heard of them
or know how to get in touch with them?  Please
respond via E-Mail, as I don't seem to have time this semester
to read news.

Michael Goldstein  goldstn@maine.maine.edu  goldstn@maine.bitnet
207-764-0311 x302